Exploring Emotional Health
Regular price $13.00
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
by a mental health issue
• It is estimated that half of all mental health problems manifest before
the age of 14 years old
• Child and adolescent mental health services are turning away approximately 25% of children referred to them for treatment
• Only 0.7% of the NHS budget is spent on children's mental health
• 2 in 5 young carers have a mental health problem
• 1 in 12 young people self-harm
Youth leaders recognise that issues around emotional health are growing and research shows that young people want to talk about it!
In her debut book, Exploring Emotional Health, author Liz Edge provides key information and six ready-to-go workshops covering: self-esteem; anxiety; depression; self-harm; and identifying and coping with emotions, to enable even the busiest of youth leaders to provide effective support in building resilient young people.
Liz says: 'This book was born out of identifying personally and professionally the need to support youth leaders and young people in exploring emotional health and faith. Each workshop is the start of an ongoing conversation that we must engage with in our practice.'
Liz Edge is a professionally qualified youth work practitioner, holding a first-class degree in Youth Work and Ministry. She has worked with young people across a wide range of Christian and other settings and now delivers innovative youth work through education, training and intervention.